Introduction to The Seven Rules of Service Leadership
By Ron Kaufman
Leaders can’t just tell people to serve; every day they must show people how to serve and teach them why it’s so important. People at every level of an organization will only make a service vision come alive when their leaders are living it, too.
In our experience working with many of the world’s outstanding organizations, we have discovered seven essential rules successful service leaders always follow. Some leverage the power of one rule more than another. But each of these rules is essential to lead your team to success.
1. Declare service a top priority
2. Be a great role model (walk the talk)
3. Promote a common service language
4. Measure what really matters
5. Enable and empower your team
6. Remove the roadblocks to service
7. Sustain focus and enthusiasm
Categories: Service Leadership
Next Post: Introduction to The 12 Building Blocks of Service Culture
Previous Post: Introduction to the Ten UP Service Excellence Principles